I've been realy stressed lately with moving and starting a new job and its making my milk slow down alot. I want to keep nursing and my baby doesn't like bottles much. What should I do?

Asked by camille_aubrey at 7:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try to reduce that stress and drink water or milk, then drink some more and when alll that is done drink!

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• More Milk, a tincture from, is the best thing on the planet for keeping up supply. If you don't want to wait for mail order, pick up some "mother's milk" tea in the natural section of your grocery store. it will work WONDERS. Remember to breastfeed or pump every 3 hours to keep up supply.

Answer by elleinad at 7:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Try nursing in a calm area. Stress can cause the milk not to let down. You can also pump just to keep your supply going. Even if you don't use the expressed milk, you could freeze it until your baby is ready for bottles. It can stay in the freezer for 3 months. Also talk to your pediatrician before taking any medications or herbal supplements. Remember just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe for the baby.

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008