What birth control would you recommend?

We have 2 kids and I'm about to start school for nursing so I think we're done having kids BUT I dont want to get my tubes tied or anything in case we change our minds later.
I got pregnant with my 1st DD when I was on the pill so we're not going there again. I tried the depo shot after I had her and never lost my baby weight from her and I bled for like 3 months straight, and I've used the birth control patch til here recently and I didnt really have any problems with it other than it not wanting to stay on. I kinda want something that lasts longer but about 90% of the feedback on Mirena has been bad and then I've heard people talk about a copper UID but I havent heard much about it so idk. Is there any other kinds or what are your thoughts on Mirena or the copper UID?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 4:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Health

• I have 3 friends who got the mirena and 2 had it removed after 5-6 months of bleeding. I personally couldn't do that!

When I was preventing I used the Spermicide stripes. They worked for 2 years until we weer ready to TTC again. After that my tubes were tied. If I wanted to be certain, certain, I would not get PG I think I would use a combination of spermicide stripes and birth control patch/pills. A friend of mine did this AND used condoms during her most fertile week. lol. She was serious! Though the IUD and Mirena have a good track record the side effects can suck, then again the side effects of hormonal BC can suck to. I would weigh the pros and con's of each.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i have mirena and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ive had it for 3years already and im in love
    im very sexually active and nothing yet.. i rarely have periods and i constantly clean myself downthere
    so every1 is different
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 5:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2010