tips on caring for biracial hair?

I have a 7 year old biracial daughter, needing tips on caring for her kinky beautiful curls

daidai01

Asked by daidai01 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Does she have coarse hair? I have a bi-racial child too. She has extremely curly hair. But its real soft. What I do is brush it out when shes in the bathtub while her conditioner is in.
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am bi-racial,I have children with different textures of hair...anyway our hair requires alot of moisture...moisture...moisture. Deep condition at least every two weeks with products designed for black people. Oil the scalp.Oil sheen is great,pink oil moisturizer is great! and a favorite. Consult a stylist that works with people of color..trust me they have the experience and knowledge.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• There are alot of things you can do, but I'd need to know what the problem is before I can really help. Some basic tips:
    Wash weekly, not daily. Condition daily.
    Do NOT brush it when it's dry, use a detangler and soak it if it's dry, or comb it out when she has conditioner in it in the tub, and braid it immediately to prevent tangles. It's about PREVENTING tangles with biracial hair. Makes things easier.
    Always braid it before bedtime, the hair gets dry when it's laid on and putting it up will prevent tangles.
    Use a moisturizer in her hair without mineral oil. Try olive oil, shea butter, or pink oil moisturizers. Africa's best has some REALLY good organic moisturizers for kids.

Pretty much just keep it very conditioned, not "wet" looking, but put some weight in the curls and they'll spiral, not kink.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 2:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my son is biracial and has curly hair he is 2 and ive started using sunsilk smoothing shampoo and a leave in conditioner everyday and its softer and curls are not kinky.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 3:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2008