When did you put your child in a highback booster?

What age and what made you think they were ready?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:53 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Mine were in a HB at about 3yrs
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well my almost 7 year old is still in a harness. Because it is just plain safer. Not sure what age I will switch him over.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I started out with one of the those carseats that clip in and out of the base and into a stroller. Rear facing, this thing was a nightmare in my two door car... LOL... then it became front facing. I bought a new seat that would last until he was 80lbs when he was around 18 months. It had a lot of room for adjustments and growth. I recently put that one in my hubby's truck and got a high back booster that uses the regular seat belts (Its not tethered to the car). He is 5 now and I wanted him to be able to get in and out on his own, since he is starting school soon and I am his transportation. It has to last quite a while, in the State of Ohio our child restraint laws are very strict and he will be using it for a long time!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• High back booster at about 3, it had a 5 point harness. Took the harness out at about 5. I think it was a Cosco. But he used it until he was about 7, then he had a booster with no back and used it until he was 10 (he didn't weigh enough and wasn't tall enough for the seatbelt to fit properly).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I kept mine in a 5 pt harness until 6yrs old. The longer you can keep them in a harness the better, it is much safer. We had the Britax carseats that could FF up to 65 lbs. My DD is still Rf in hers, I will keep her in it until she turns 6 as well.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010