How long were you married before you had your first child?

Are you happy with the timing of your child? If you could change it how would you have, ie have your child sooner or later in the relationship?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I got pregnant 4 mos after we got married. We were in college & wanted to wait at least 5 years. I wouldn't change it though because in our 3rd year of marriage we had some rocky times & the only thing that forced us to work it out was the fact that we couldn't stand the thought of causing her to grow up in a broken home & shifting her back & forth between 2 homes every week. We worked out our issues & we've been HAPPILY married now for 27 years with 3 more kids.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• 6 months after we were married I gave birth to our son. The only thing I would have changed was not getting married so soon. I was raised that having a child out of wedlock is a disgrace. I think if we would have taken more time to get married, things would be a little easier right now.
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 1:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• 2 years and the timing was fine. I wouldn't change a thing.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i wasn't married, i was a teen mom but i wouldn't change it, i learned a lot. didn't seem though then but i see it now.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:16 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• five years.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We got married when our first was about 10 months old. The timing really bothered me back then, but looking back I wouldn't change a thing, especially the fact that we eloped.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i was married a month then got pregnant the next month, so 10 months in i guess. i wish i waited 2 yrs before getting pregnant. i didnt take time to get used to married life.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Our DD was born 2 days before our 1 yr wedding anniversary.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We were married 3yrs. We planned to start a family a yr after we got married but it took a little while to get pregnant.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 7:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I had 2 DD's before we got married. We never had kids together. I am happy.

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2010