My husband acts like a jerk more times then none in a day whats anyones advice?

I told him I couldn't take anymore and that i'm leaving but I know i'm not i just want him to stop. He's driving me nutso.

apiegurl

Asked by apiegurl at 7:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• If he wants to act like a kid then treat him like one.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry that your marriage is rocky. Be sure to put 100% into it yourself. Make home a place that he wants to be. Show him what a loving spouse is like. Greet him happily when he comes home, comment lightly on things that he does well "I always like when you remember to check the doors at night." like that. Put energy and thought into saving your marriage. Perhaps you and he would benefit by counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My husband can be that way to but i think hes that way because hes i the military and hes just ust to being douch bag sometimes. lol. JUst sit him down and explain exactly what it is that he does that bothers u to him. just simply saying that he is a jerk isnt enough. men are small minded and he may need u to break down the issues that u have with him.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• TELL HIM TO GROW UP,AND STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD.IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT LEAVING IM SURE THERES MORE GOING ON THAN HIM JUST BEING A JERK...
    suzi960

Answer by suzi960 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• tell him to grow up! or just be a bitch to him and see how he likes it
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm not sure quite what a jerk means. Sometime we take each other for granted after we're married for a while, and we see just the bad things. Do you do things together, how long have you been married, do you have kids? Is he young and just a plain jerk? Some times men are just that jerks after their married if young, but it's a hard ans bec. maybe you just wnt out so he's a jerk to you. If you want out so be it, if not you need to have a heart to heart & get it reesolved, if he's old enough to get married he's old enough to grow up and be a MAN.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• stop playing games of saying what you are not willing to follow through on. that isn't addressing the problem. if he doesn't treat you respectfully, you tell him don't talk to me like that or the way you are acting is unacceptable. if he doesn't stop, leave the room and tell him you don't want to talk to him or be around him until he talks to you right, etc. he knows as well as you do that you don't mean what you say. the only way you are going to get anywhere with this is by taking action and ignoring him and standing up for yourself in a more realistic way. what is so great about this jerk only you know but there are things you can do to decrease the jerky behavior, really...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• When he starts treating you disrespectfully, tell him you aren't his whipping post, then remove yourself from him. I wouldn't acknowledge his insults, but when he's nice respond the same way back. I dunno, maybe if you went for counseling for yourself it might help you make up your mind about what you really want to do...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Telling him that you're going to leave, when you know you are not, is just childish. Please don't get offended, but I had to go through that the other day, and it was annoying to hear. I finally said that if he wants to leave, he can go. I meant it, even though he didn't. That is what will happen eventually. You need to sit down and show examples of his attitude. If he can see what you are talking about, he might be more aware of his actions and words.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010