weight loss! Needs help

i Have been trying to lose weight, I have stopped drinking Pepsi/coke and any other drinks like that, i don't drink coffee, i drink green tea. I go for 2 hr walks with my girl every other day, or whenever it is nice outside. I eat whole wheat foods (pasta's rice,bread) But i haven't been losing any weight!
I am currently 205 lbs, people say i don't look that big because i am so tall. But a couple years ago i was 125 lbs. I want to get back to that weight, and i don't want to starve myself while doing it or take any pills for that matter.
I am very active because my 21 month old keeps me on my toes! But i am running out of ideas how to lose some weight, i have tried pretty much everything! Help!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 8:12 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• FIRST OFF IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING GREAT...I WOULD INCREASE MY WATER INTAKE AND EAT LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES,LEAN MEATS ONLY,AND FISH...EASE UP ON THE CARBS ...AND TRY NOT TO THE THINK OF THE 125 LBS..SET REALISTIC GOALS...MAYBE 5OR 10LBS AT A TIME....GOOD LUCK!!!!!: )
    suzi960

Answer by suzi960 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Try taking 2/3 as much as you normally would of higher-calorie foods. For example, if you're eating pasta, take a smaller portion of that, have as much salad/vegetables as you want (but with salads, cut the dressing back by 1/3, or even 1/2.) With proteins, a 3-4 oz portion is sufficient to give you enough protein (the size of the palm of your hand), and cutting back the portion size will cut a bunch of calories.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Can you increase your water intake? That might help some. Keep up the walking. Bottom line though, you have to put out more calories than you take in. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You are on track for losing weight the right way. Exercising and good food choices seem to be the hardest part. Sounds like you just need to lower your calorie intake. Find a BMR calculator, I like this site. This will tell you how many calories your body needs every day to keep functioning. Make sure to scroll down and see what different activity levels change the amount you burn.

One pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories, so for instance if you were to take in 1500 calories per day and your BMR says that you burn 2000 then that would be a deficit of 500 calories burned per day. 500 calories times 7 days a week would equal 3500 calories burned for that week, equaling 1 pound of fat. Of course this is just an example, and BMR is just an estimate but it does help to figure out a realistic goal. Good luck and keep up the good work!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have found a product that actually burns stored fat instead of glucose when you exercise - this means that you loose more fat when you are active - I eat an Access Bar 15 minutes before any exercise (housework, dog walking, the Wii, the gym, gardening, walks with the kids...you name it) they taste great - like candy bars - so I get my sweet tooth taken care of too :-) If you would like more info please contact me. Good luck - you'll get there - don't give up!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Nutritional Cleansing helped me lose weight and keep it off.

There is more information here - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions you can message me here or email me. My contact info is on the website.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 4:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• the thing that concerned me when i read this is the green tea. maybe its better to drink diet green tea but i would leave it at maybe 1 can/bottle a day and drink water throughout. its like your replacing your soda with something else that might be hiding sugars.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i dont drink soda, and green tea is a tea a hot cup of tea, no sugar,no milk
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Weight loss happens when your body burns more calories then it needs. So you have to create a calorie deficit for this. Calories in - calories out = weight loss. You have to count your calories and write it down. Don't guess.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

drink lots of water.
    have 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up in the morning with less than 10 grams of net carbs.

MOVE!!!
    even if it's parking further away at the store, or walking around the block.
    there are videos on fitness websties and youtube.
    you can use household items as weights.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010