i need a good, simple cinnamon toast recipe

and also maybe french toast?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 8:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, until it is light brown/beige color. Sprinkle on buttered toast. I suck at french toast.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I've been eating cinnamon toast with peanut butter. That might just be pragnancy cravings though.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Make toast. Butter. Sprinkle with sugar, then cinnamon. Alternately, mix cinnamon and sugar prior to sprinkling on toast, more sugar than cinnamon. If you want, you can even put it under the broiler or back in the toaster (make sure all the sugar's been moisted by the butter), and then it will have a little crunch to it.

French toast is just bread dipped in a custard batter and griddled. Mix eggs, half&half, vanilla. Dip bread and put on hot, buttered griddle. Flip when browned on one side. Takes about 3 min per side. Or, for something WAY better, check out my blog post on Eibrot: http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/search/label/french%20toast 

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• When we were kids we'd take the butter, cinnamon and sugar and premix it into a fluffy paste that we'd then spread on the toast. :)

French toast as jespeach mentioned, only add some sugar and a shot of rum to the custard. Also, I like to use day old challah for my French Toast. It's delish!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• French toast:
    Yummmy.
    4 eggs
    1 tsp of vanilla
    1 tbsp of sugar
    2 tbsp of milk (I use half and half)

Whisk all ingredients together. Dip bread in and flip so both sides are coated. (Don't leave in the mixture it will get soggy!) Put dipped bread onto hot greased skillet or fry pan and dust with cinnamon. Flip and cook the other side. Both sides should be nicely browned.
    I pop mine into the micro for 10 sec to make sure the center is cooked if neccesary.
    (Can't stand the thought of raw eggs..........)
    Anyway, after that, either serve with powdered sugar, jelly or syrup.
    Yum.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My favorite french toast is made with Challah or King's Hawaiian bread.
    Mmmmmmm... thick slices.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 10:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008