how can I quickly sell of some of my precious moments collection?

I've looked into ebay and had a couple of garage sales, but short of giving them away I can't find any buyers.

HulaGirlHeart

Asked by HulaGirlHeart at 10:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• start a booth at Bonanzle.com they are free and then you can get someone to help you promote a live auction in your booths chat box. there is no charge, initially, to post items; but when you sell an item it will charge $1 for each item sold, that goes for up to $100, like $2 for the next price band. =)
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Did you try Craig's list as well?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you google it, you may be able to find some collector's groups, maybe you can find a buyer there? Collectables aren't selling as fast now because many just don't have the extra money.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Here's a listing of completed listings for PM figurines.  The ones in green actually sold.  Take a look at the starting and final prices and whatever else the seller offered...such as free shipping, or multiple purchase discounts.  There's nothing wrong with borrowing somene else's format, listing details, etc.  Just don't steal the full text or someone else's pictures!  :o)

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=precious+moments+figurines&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=precious+moments+figurines&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have a couple items posted that have been up almost 30 days and no takers yet.
    HulaGirlHeart

Comment by HulaGirlHeart (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• The thing with Craigslist is that you have to keep reposting, or your ads just get lost in the miasma of older posts.

EBay was my only other thought, but I agree with Scuba in that people aren't spending a lot of extra money right now if they don't have to.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• As far as Ebay goes (Which I have been a seller on for almost 10 years), did you search on COMPLETED or successful listings to see what other Precious Moments figurines are selling for? If those figurines were rare/limited editions, if they came with teh original box and paper placard, etc.

They may not have sold, because your starting price, and shipping costs were too high. Without seeing your ads, I cannot really comment, but most sellers do not spend the time to give excellent titles (that include model name and number, the condition) or list it in the right sub-category. They also tend not to include sharp pictures from multiple angles, and specific descriptions.

Collectors KNOW what they are looking for. Including specific details in the headline, you're making it easier for a buyer to find your ad, which is likely to result in a sale! Offer BOGO percentage off discounts, or free shipping with multiple purchases!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thanks for all of the great comments! I plan to give them a try.
    HulaGirlHeart

Comment by HulaGirlHeart (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2010