how long after loseing ur mucus plug do u go in labor

im 38 wks pregnant and lost my mucus plug 2 days ago and been cramping and haveing lower back pain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I lost my mucus plug on Thursday Morning and my water broke Saturday evening. Between that time I was having small contractions and back pain. My doctor told me that it could take a week to go into active labor even after losing the plug.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Like a week or two...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• three weeks.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• over three weeks for me.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Wow guys, lol, when my plug came I knew it was game time. Within 24 hours each time.

Sounds like your body is working on it for sure! Try to relax, you could go any time. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It can take several weeks, although a friend of mine lost hers and went into labor the next day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You could go into labor that day or several weeks later. The mucous plug can regenerate itself so you may lose it more than once. All "losing your plug" means is that you are dilating enough for it to become lose and be expelled.

As for my own personal experience, I never lost mine til AFTER labor started (with my daughter it came out just as I started pushing after a 25 hour labor).
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It can be a few seconds to a couple of months, or anything in-between.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks, and was induced at 39 so i cant help on this one. But i made it 3 weeks without mine and didnt go into labor. It all depends on your body!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010