babies and camping?

Our family is going to go camping for the first time two weekends from now. I'm getting nervous about it we have never really stayed the night outside, lol like away from a major store towhere if i forgot something i couldn't get up and go get it. The place we are going does have a general store, but doesnt have babystuff there. kids are 10 months and 3 years

So if you have gone camping let me know what you think i should bring if its not on the list

tent
broom
flash lights
sleeping bags
pack n play
lock for the tent- so kids cant get out while we sleep-just in case
food
drinks
water
icechest
sippy cups -formula
diapers
wipes
clothes
shoes
swimming floatys
towels
showering stuff

If you think i need anything else to make life easier let me know. I hate being unprepared

Brittyt4you_

Asked by Brittyt4you_ at 10:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Travel

• bug spray and sun block...and the family bug spray is safe-put it on your hands and then onto the kids...nothing worse than a bit up child to wreck a trip. actually with so many visuses via bites, the bug spray is safer than the bites they might get. toys too, so that they can play if it rains, a couple books from home so the baby has something familiar to "ground" her. My dad owns a piece pf property we camp at so I understand the concerns.have fun and try not t o over plan it-and be prepared for them to be dirty for a couple days. hey they are washable lol...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:33 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Lighter ,Flashlight, CellPhone,Camera,Games Have fun!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• bug spray, sunscreen, bug bite cream, 1st aid kit
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It's easy to camp with a breastfed baby, I never did it having to deal with bottles and formula. I never needed a pack-n-play (never owned one). Don't forget a sling, wrap, carrier, or backpack for the baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• A clothesline to hang wet towels, swimsuits, etc. on. Any old rope will do. :) Hand soap and hand sanitizer. I bring antibacterial wipes to wipe down tables, bathrooms, etc. Never know when you need to sanitize something. LOL

I keep all of our food in a large tote with a lid. Makes it easier to just pull it all into the tent or put in a vehicle at night. You want to remember to do that, along with bring in your ice chest and get rid of trash every night so animals don't go through it.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Bug Spray
    Sunblock
    Beach/Pool Toys
    EXTRA clothes. If you're staying for three days-2 nights.. Bring enough clothes for five days-four nights. Believe me.
    A small cooler for the tent to put in bottles/sippy cups just incase of overnight wake ups.
    Cots, playpens, or airmattresses for your children to sleep on.
    Coloring pages (With crayons), puzzle books, reading books, or something else fun for the kids to do if it rains.
    A canopy for over the picnic table incase it rains.
    Camping chairs for adults and children.
    Strollers
    Make sure all food is locked up in the car before going to bed, so animals don't get into it. My Grandma had hers in a locked woven basket and the racoons unwove the top to get inside.
    Flashlights
    Camping fan. Battery powered for those hot nights.
    A bike for the 3 year old.
    Hand Sanitizer. Hand Soap.

that's all I can think of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:50 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• A canopy tent for over the picnic table, coleman stove for cooking, pots and pans, utensils, coffee, tea, dish soap, a big water jug to fill water for washing hands and dishes, clothes line for towels, a small shovel (we sometimes shovel a trench around the tent, it tends to pour at least one day when we are camping and once our tent almost floated away), bug repellent and citronella candles, air mattress and batteries for the pump, extra blankets if it gets cold at night....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You will be fine...have a great time...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Relax and try and enjy yourself!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I've been camping since I was a week old and my youngest since he was about 3 months old. For me I found as I went thru my day I would write down what I used...like getting up toothpaste/brush, toilet paper, diapers, wipes, ointment, comb or brush. etc etc you get the idea. (you can also google camping lists) I would also suggest packing in groups what ever you think will work for you whether it is by person or by time of day. I used to pack for us by time of day all PJ's/night clothes in one bag, daytime clothes in another, bathing items in another etc. Now that everyone is older they all get their own bag. for the kids I pack one out fit together I lay down pants/shorts with shirt, socks underwear and fold it together, that way they have what they need no rummaging around making messes. I line suitcase/duffel bags with garbage bags, to keep things dry just in case it rains. the clothes stay dry.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010