What can I put in my craigslist ad to make me stand out from the others?

I am trying to find some weekend babysitting jobs. Also, my rates are $10 and hour and $5 and hour between 10pm-7am. Is that reasonable?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 10:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Pictures usually catch people's attention on Craigslist, but I don't know what sort of picture you'd put up for babysitting jobs. Don't write your title in all caps, though. I, at least, find that annoying when I'm looking for stuff on Craigslist.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• The TITLE of your ad should summarize your listing well enough to get people to click on it!

That said: "Experienced Babysitter with Excellent References Seeks to Provide Affordable Child Care for Busy Parents" (Or something like that!)

Within your ad, I would include a picture or two of yourself playing with young children--I think a warm and friendly image says a lot more about you than what you say! I would create a "table" that explains your hourly rates, and what your service will provide. Make sure to include number of children!

I would also offer a "discount" on multiples, extended hours or weekends. Maybe even include a rate for "emergency babysitting/child care" (a little more than your regular hours)

You should also include your babysitting policies--age range you are comfortable with, bookings, cancellation policy, hours you are available, and your style of babysitting/child care, etc.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• LOL! Tell the scammers to stay away! Seriously. I like LoriKeet's idea the best.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Do you have a product you sell in a local area? If so, then add the area to the title so that when people do a search online you will get a highter ranking.
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 1:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 1:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010