dreams about a cheating spouse?

since becoming pregnant with our daughter i've had dreams on and off about my husband cheating on me. sometimes it's me confronting him about it after the fact sometimes its me catching him holding another woman's hand or kissing her on the street sometimes he's already left me and he's in a relationship already with the woman he was cheating on me with. i never see who it is and its never one particular person. i used to wake up furious and have to remind myself that it didn't ever really happen. last night for the first time since our daughter was born i had another dream. i've NEVER been suspicious of his actions, he's always been very honest and loving with me and so there's NO doubt in my mind that he's been nothing but faithful to me and our family. So why the weird dreams? has anyone else had these?? and what the hell do they mean???

ingrid198

Asked by ingrid198 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I have those kind of dreams too! I blame it on the pregnancy hormones (Which do stay in your system for sometime after the baby is born! lol) I woke up one morning and I smacked my husband, he was like "what was that for??" lol I told him about the dream and he laughed at me. I have had these kind of dreams with all my pregnancies, but I would much rather have these dreams rather than some that I have had when something happens to one of my other kids and I wake up crying hysterically!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Those dreams mean you are PREGNANT. I had those all the time when I was preggers with my first one. I would wake up pissed off. One time though I woke up giggling, cause in the dream I killed hubb and his whore with chop sticks lol. Was great.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I too have these dreams. I am blaming them on the pregnancy hormones. I know my DH would never do that but these stinking hormones make me feel otherwise.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:13 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• ah man, don't say that. our daughter is only 4 months, i CANNOT be pregnant AGAIN
    ingrid198

Comment by ingrid198 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i'm still breastfeeding though so it's more likely my hormones are still going crazy. i heard that those dreams are good, that it means you have a good emotional connection with you're SO.. go figure lol
    ingrid198

Comment by ingrid198 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I heard the same thing. A lady on the radio that interprets dreams said it means they are very committed to you. Or something to that affect. Dreams usually do not mean what you think they do, which is very confusing. And when you dream your hubby is cheating, that really makes it more confusing, and hard to deal with.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it is interesting.. i guess thats a good thing then. we did have a great day yesterday and ive found thats when i usually get those dreams, still it is VERY confusing
    ingrid198

Comment by ingrid198 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I used to have those dreams. I took it as a sign that it was just a fear of mine. Something that never came true.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I've had those dreams since getting pregnant this time. I have never been angry about them after I wake up, but there is always something there. Like you, I trust my DH and am pretty sure he would never cheat on me, let's face it, we can never be 100% sure. I think a lot of it is the fear that he will find someone who is not tied down with being a mommy. Most of my time is devoted to them, and I know it would be easier if he had someone who was able to go and do things on their own. Also, I have been stressed, with school starting, my mom dying, baby number 4 coming, I have not been the best at cleaning and taking care of his needs, and that worries me. Plus gaining baby weight. It is all uncertainty and fear on my part. All we can do is know that our husbands have loved us from the beginning and are there for us when we need them.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• makes a lot of sense, i have been trying to lose baby weight and have stress/anxiety issues that i feel always hold me back. he's so amazing but i do worry sometimes that im a lot of "baggage" and since my son isnt his we've always had a fast paced relationship. while other couples got to enjoy eah other before marriage and kids we had my son from the very beginning.
    on the other side, he too has had these types of dreams. knowing that makes me feel a little better that its not just me. its a normal insecurity in a relationship and marriage nomatter how good it may be. thanks for the input ladies!
    ingrid198

Comment by ingrid198 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010