Teething!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on teething??? My 8 month old is teething again and it seem like no matter what I do to try and help the pain isnt working I've tried Dr. Sheffleld's teething gel (she hated that,) I've tried baby orajel (she's not liking that), now I'm trying teething tablets and she's not really liking that, and her teething ring for the refrigerator stays cold for a little bit then it's warm. I hate seeing my lil girl in so much pain and having such a hard time getting to sleep. But hey I guess we would be in a lot of pain it we had 3 teeth coming in at one time. So any tips you ladies have I'm open and willing to hear.

Izzabellasmama

Asked by Izzabellasmama at 11:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used an all natural teething drop when my kids were teething. I got it at Rite Aid, it's called Gentle Naturals Homeopathic Teething Drops. It takes a while to take affect, you have to give it every few hours, but it does work. I also suggest spending $1 - $2 and getting a water bottle ice cube tray... The kind that makes the tube ice... Then you can wrap them in to a washcloth, they make great teethers and of course - water is natural! They are a little messy, because they drip water, but they work great!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• look into amber teething necklaces or anklets http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/index.php?c=100&p=24890

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My youngest was the same way. This is probably going to sound crazy but it worked for us. Use a frozen waffle. You are going to have to watch her but it stays cold longer than the teething ring and the rough texture feels really good. When she starts tearing it apart take it away from her.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My grandson liked the Infantino vibrating teethers that look like a strawberry and a grape.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Teething is something you have to ride out. You need patience and lots of hugs. Cold is the best remedy cold teething rings in rotation,, cold cucumber to spears to gnaw, cold mango slice with skin still on, cold corn on the cob is good for chewing. Some people use a washcloth frozen. Activity. Wear her and go about you business, just close contact helps a lot. FYI laying down flat can make head and mouth pain worse. With teething you have to understand that relief is temporary and you just have to wait for the process to finish.

Orajel can make it worse and it can also burn. It numbs everything but where the pain really is. Put some in your own mouth to see what I mean. Do not overmedicate. Medication doesn't last and the more you use it the less effective. If you must medicate, limit it to just before a long nap or bedtime so that you can get the most effect from the temporary effect
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Get those food sacs and put frozen fruit in them. ie canned oranges, watermelon, cantalope, ect. Worked wonders for my LO. GL!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can cut up bananas and freeze them. I did this for my son, he loved them and it helped tremendously!
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• try getting a wachcloth wet and then freezing it. That seemed like the only thing that worked for us aroud that age.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010