If you have nothing against it... Why not support it?

I love how on the Gay Marriage questions we always get these answers which say "I have nothing against Gay Marriage, BUT I don't support it either" or something similar to that.

How can you really do both? How can you, or why would you, have nothing against something and then refuse to support it, or at least refuse to just take a back seat to the issue (not vote on it)??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with it and support it why not there choice has nothing to do with my family and will not degrade or defile or screw with anyones marriage or life @ all! Gay Marriage all the way I said my piece love it or hate it. :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have nothing against people who choose to be gay. The people themselves can and in most cases are very nice people. I do not however agree with their choices. I do not feel they have the right to be discriminated against as far as jobs, insurance, or even just blanket conclusions about them as a person . I can't support a legal marriage because I am against the act of being gay. I can like a person a whole lot with out liking their choices. They should have equal rights as far as discrimination and I will support that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I support it, and would vote for any bill that was presented in my district. Honestly, I think it's pretty hypocritical to say "I don't care but I don't support it."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Gay Marriage I agree with it and support it ... I have no problems with it, love is love .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I voted for it when it was on the ballot in Michigan. It is not an issue that is my passion. I have four gay nephews two who actually don't support it, oddly. I also have several gay and lesbian friends. I think I hear more on the issue from straight people.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well I have nothing against eating meat, but I'm not going to go out and kill a cow myself.
    It's the same thing I guess.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't have to vote. No one does, that ISN'T an obligation. Votes are if you will vote in the area you like . Every single person will need to have the belief system that is tried and true . It doesn't work if it isn't (tried nor true). No one is trying to keep you from expressing yourselves being gay, or saying they don't acknowledge that , and for politics or just votes, it's only a formation of your opinion against their belief. If you believe in something it's not just a thing to believe and stomp on or pick at, it's a belief because you know in you heart of hearts, beyond a doubt.....that it works. When you are seeing the whole picture of life incorporated together as how you function within that world it seems no one is outranked. When we are comparing one way of life and another to put perspective in and learn ..no harm there.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That would be called indifference.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I guess I just don't understand how anyone can be against it, because of what they do in their bedroom?? Who cares....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I hate when people bring up they don't like their choices. There is a lot of scientific proof this is not a choice. That's like someone telling you not to be sexually attracted to a man. You can't help it you just are. They use to think the world was flat. We all know better because of science.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010