a little help please... need to bleach my whites

ive tried adding bleach liquid directly in my washer(in whites only) like it said on the directions, but that doesn't seems to be making any difference. i put up this question on cafemom a while ago and i got many useful advices that i should soak them in bleach in a bucket or bathtub for some time. i totally forgot to ask that time, but anyone has any idea how should i do this? should i soak whites in bleach clothes before washing them or should i do it after washing them in my washing machine?
and can i wash them with my colored clothes after im done with the ''soaking-in-bleach'' part in order to save me time, detergent,water and electricity ? this way i won't have to run my washing machine 2 times. one for colored and one for whites..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try putting your washer cycle on presoak. There really is no need to wash them twice. If they are really badly yellowed or stained I would fill the washer with hot water and the bleach, let the the load soak overnight, add the detergent and complete the cycle in the morning. I don't use papertowels so I clean everything with white bar towels. This is how I keep them nice and white, clean and germ free! :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:27 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Soak before you wash and no, do not wash them with colors. There will still be bleach on them until they are washed. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you bleach, it is proper to soak first, put in wash (separate) colors.

Or just buy a stain spray. Shout is excellent for tough stains and so is clorox 2.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Never wash you white with colors just to save time. It is worth waiting for a full load because it will keep them looking nice and white and then you will not have to worry about bleach as often. Good luck and I hope you get them nice and white.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Be careful with bleach- the vapors have been shown to interfere with brain function. Vapors have been shown to aggravate heart conditions and asthma. It is also suspected to affect the reproductive system. We have stopped using bleach and switched to safer products - these products really work - and I am saving money - I have 3 very active children - and their clothes (even the whites) look great. If you would like more info please contact me.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010