help

how do i talk to my sister we found out were pregnate with out third child we had to let her know rather than her finding out through some one else how ever she has and has had no luck concieving i feel terrible i didnt want to tell her but i knew i had to how can i let her know i am here for her i am so torn!

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 11:33 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am in the same position. My sister and her husband have been trying to concieve for over a year without any success. Yet I am pregnant with my third child, which will be 15 months younger then my second. Which is 13 months younger then my first. Therefore, in the whole time they've been talking about and actually trying I've managed to convience three kids. I feel horrible. It's almost like I'm rubbing it in her face that I can concieve like a rabbit, even though I have absolutely no intention of doing so. Therefore, when it came to tell the family I just wrote "Big Sister" on my youngest's diaper. Nobody got it, so I had to explain it to them. Which included my sister. She took it well. But now we find out my other sister is pregnant too. Which means that my oldest sister will be the only one out of us four girls who hasn't concieved or had a kid. :(
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That is a tough situation. I think your sister will be able to be happy for you even if she is a little sad for herself. She should also already know that you support her. I would just say to her. ' I wanted you to be the first to know, I found out (insert time frame) I am pregnant. I wanted you to know first because I know how hard you have been trying to have a baby of your own. I also want you to know that I am here for you I understand that you might be feeling a little hurt right now. You know I love you so much and I would never do anything to hurt you. You are an awesome Aunt to my other kids and I know you will be to this one to. I also know you will make a GREAT mother yourself one day. And then I will get to be the Awesome Aunt!' YOu may not even have to get that far before she says she understands and is very happy for you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thats a good idea with the diaper thing iv had this problem but with my sister in law shes been trying for 5 years and me and husband have a 2 year old daughter and are now 6 months pregnant with our son so i just waited till everone got together and told everyone at the same time its a big family though so u useally always catch a good bit of them together but i think you should try and make a joke out of it or the diaper thing could really work or if there older out of diapers get her a tshirt that says it good luck!!
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I found out that my younger sister was having a baby before me I was hurt but I was still happy not not even a month later I found out I was too but my sister lost her baby. It was really sad but my family thought it was best. Shes only 16. they say if you rush and rush it wont happen it takes time its better to go with a flow, I know she may feel hurt but to know her nieces and nephews can be one of the biggest joys too
    Elhannad10

Answer by Elhannad10 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010