What to call it?

Iv been curious about this i havent known what to tell my daughter her girl parts are called she is 2 she knows all her body parts but iv just been calling that her butt butt but i know thats incorrect any suggestions.

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know mine are wierd I call them there Chee Chees they know the correct term I use that and I tell them all the time dont let no one touch there cookies! I just made them up there a little better and not so scary for them to use.
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• vagina????  it's ok to use the proper terms- even with small children

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Vagina. Then, if someone did touch her vagina, everyone would instantly know what she is talking about.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We always said vagina and tush. It is better to have them know the correct names in case someone is ever messing with her. You need her to be able to be very clear about what happened.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We don't have a daughter but we use wiener(sp?) for our son.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We use butt & privates for the girls, butt & winkie for DS. I personally am not comfortable using the proper words, and neither is DH - just part of how we were brought up I think.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would use hiknee for the butt and private part for the vagina. I am much like 4time-mom. Very conservitive. Really I think you should call it what your mom or dad called yours so you feel more comfy with letting your daughter say it. I know my step 5 year old son says penis and it drives me nuts. I just have the habit of calling it private, so now he calls it his "penis private". Kinda funny now, but back to you, just what makes you most confortable hearing your kido say thats what you should teach them:)
    MikaylasMom323

Answer by MikaylasMom323 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i speak spanish so she calls her butt ( pompis, nalgitas, and her front part COLITA ) lol
    its just hard to say vagina but i should teach her that
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 5:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2010