Would you judge?

Three scenario how would you judge each one?

1) You meet a mother who has 4 children the first two have different fathers and the last 2 have the same father. She has a University degree and provides well for her family. She is a great mother to her children. She is also Married to the father of the last 2 children.

2) You meet a single mother also with a University degree. She is also a good mother, and provides for her family. She has 4 kids 2 with different fathers and 2 with the same.

3) You meet a single mother who hasn't finished any type of schooling. She has 3 kids all with different fathers, but Children's aid has them all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I try not to judge a person or situation till I've been there myself. Of course you think you know what you'd do or how you would react to a certain situation, but you don't really know till it happens to you.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't judge any of them, it's not my place. I'm sure that there's a lot more to each of their stories, and I would hope that they did the best they could in making decisions for themselves and their children.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:53 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i would say the first two are doing their best to PROVIDE for their family, the last one has no respect for herself if she will live off the sweat and blood of others not being disabled at all. she should go back to school and try to provide and set a good example for her family.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• 1. I think she is doing well for herself and family

2.same here with this family I think she is doing good for herand her family

3. since I don't know her situaion , I would encourage her to get some education and take care her children herself --she deserves it and the kids needs their mother!!!
    mcovey

Answer by mcovey at 11:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't think anything of the first 2, the third I'd feel sorry for, and wonder what went wrong. But I'd also kinda not think so much of her, you make choices, and she obviously didn't make good ones. But then again, there wasn't much to the stories, so I may change my mind with more to it. I do judge, it's my nature. But it's also my nature to try to help.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I should say that the reason I wouldn't think anything of the first two, isn't anything bad. They are doing good. I'd be thinking more about the third one.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• well they somewhat seem like my sister, if this is my sister i would have to say that she needs to stop being so sick and tired of the man that enters her life, the man who trys to put up with her attitude, the man who trys to provide the best for her and her kids that isnt even his, the man that gave her a better life.

when everything is at its lowest, my sister needs a man in her life, when everything is at its highest, she kicks them to the curb. i wouldnt judge the ladies in these catergory for having different fathers but im sure at the time that they had kids, there was a reason why they wanted that kind of commitment, not like my sister though.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• and the last one...well if its works out for the best for her, then maybe thats why that path was chosen for her
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't think anything either way about the first 2 - not any of my business, after all. Besides, the way I figure, odds are I wouldn't even know that about their situation unless I knew the women more than just casually, so my opinion of them is going to be based on that - if I think they're a nice person or not...

The last one, I would try very hard not to judge, but I do have to admit I would wonder what she did to have lost all 3 of her kids (especially if they weren't all lost at once) - because, frankly, being poor and uneducated is NOT something the State takes your kids away for... However, abuse, drugs, etc all are - and I have strong feelings about because of personal experiences I've had - not an abuser or druggie myself, but around those who were. I admit, while still not quite my business, abuse of kids is ALL of our business, so...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• you never know what the situation is. a degree doesn't equal good parent for starters. regarding the third... i have a friend who has four children from her marriage. her husband was abusive to her. when they divorced she was in such a state she thought she was a bad mother and he got custody. however, he was abusive to the children as well, so after a fight she got the kids back but they were a mess from everything they had been through. she begged the county for help - counseling, classes, etc. for all of them including herself for two years and did not get help. one day a social worker came over and saw the youngest kicking windows in the van - they all had anger issues, two in particular. they took all the children and put them in four separate places telling my friend it was not her that the kids needed help and to be separated for a while. the youngest was put in foster care and the three oldest went with different
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010