I just turned 23 wks and Im having alot of trouble sleeping

I gained about 3 lbs in the pass 3 wks which is normal. My belly is very tight or bloated all the time. Im trying to sleep on my left most of the time, but sometime my chest hurt a little just overall not comfy. I used to feel pretty good on right side but now it feels like heavy and alittle pain on chest. Also every time I turn I'll wake up. How can I make myself comfy? I put somethig between legs but that only last for alil. Im not even on my third tri yet and already in bad shape;(

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i've been having trouble sleeping for a while (27 weeks). my doc gave me samples of a prenatal with extra B6 and that helped me get and stay asleep a little bit... until that didn't work and she gave me ambien which is a little scary... That wasn't so much for comfort. I have a big body pillow that I lay partway on and I pretty much flip back and forth all night, but it's better than not having it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Im also 23 weeks iv been having trouble rolling over and somehow my husband always migrated under me its really uncomfortable i also try the body pillow but it always gets lost in middle night so i still end up waking up im not into taking meds while preg so my dr said try to be really relaxed when i get ready for bed and if i have to get my husband to sleep on the couch not much advice but better that messing with meds
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Try putting a pillow under your stomach to hold it up and a pillow between your knees. That made me sleep better when I was preggos
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• 28 weeks here and I'm waking up every 1-2 hours. It's also taking me about an hour to fall asleep. Blah!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• yall r makin me nervous lol im 16 weeks n im already havin trouble sleepin n i end up movin to the couch to sleepn that helps for a but but ya i toss n turn n wake up alot!....i sometimes hug a pillow and that helps!....gl
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 3:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i think i'll invest in those preggo pillow in walmart and hopefully it will work
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010