Is it bad to cry when really your not sad your just so emotioal?

So I just started crying cause my mom didn't like the baby names that me and my partner came up with she wants the boy name to have an A as her name starts with an A it just makes me cry now about it.

Elhannad10

Asked by Elhannad10 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no crying is healing. it's not your mom's baby... why should it be named after her?? you and baby daddy should pick a name. too bad if she doesn't like it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• No not at all, your Mother's opinion means a lot you and so it has upset you. But remember it's your baby and you should be naming it. I have 7 GR-kids, and not 1 of them did I request a name, I did mention if I thought it was a really bad one, but never a suggestion, it's YOUR baby and she needs to remember that.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well its really just me and my partner the father has not too much to do with the baby. But I do like the fact my mom is trying to help this is her first grandchild.
    Elhannad10

Comment by Elhannad10 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Go ahead and cry. I cry over all kinds of things when I'm pregnant. As for dealing with your mom- its your baby and just be confident in your own choices, You're the mommy!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It is ok to cry. You have an overflow of hormones as my hubby told me so it is harder not to get upset over the little things
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Screw what your Momma wants! She aint raising your baby or paying your bills. Name your baby what YOU want to name it. Crying from emotions while preggo is pretty normal.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010