Do you think that it is even possible?

My DH thinks this baby is going to be a girl, but I think that it's going to be boy. I have already had 2 boys and there hasn't been one girl born in his family in 51 years.

DH thinks it's going to be a girl because my symptoms are so different then when I had the boys. I told him its unlikely and not to get his hopes up, since he really wants a girl.

Momsthename0609

Asked by Momsthename0609 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is always possible to have a girl You have a 50/50 chance.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well, one old wives' tale is how the baby is being carried. All out front is a boy. All over fullness is a girl. Then there is the string held over the belly thing. Can't remember which way it has to swing, though!! Either way good luck and best wishes!! ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It's totally possible. There hasn't been a girl in 51 years? Wow. That's crazy, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I had 1 boy and 2 girls. The girls I had all the same symptons and the boy I had totally different. He may be right, but don't hold me to it. I hope you get what you want, good luck. I did.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It is very well possible!
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 12:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• he could be right.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it is always possible, but definitely dont base it off of your symptoms. every pregnancy is different and it has nothing to do with whether its a boy or a girl. I have a daughter and Im pregnant with our second daughter and these two pregnancies have been sooo ridiculously different.
    Thats crazy that you havent had a girl in that family in 51 years!!! I think thats the longest I have ever heard of!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes its possible. we had the 1st girl in the family in 16 yrs. Good luck!
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 3:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well, when this baby is born you will know! LOL get an ultrasound if you wanna know before hand.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It is very possible sweetie. Are you going to have an Ultrasound to find out the sex? How far along are you?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010