Could I have taking a test to early?

I'm having some symptoms of being pregnant but I have had my period already and i'm still having slight cramps, I took a test and it came back negative...When should I take another one?

Brittany2010

Asked by Brittany2010 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't. You had a period and a negative test. Try again next month.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thats a tricky thing im now 6 months preg but it took me 2 months to find out i was after my period i waited a month and took one came back negative but my period never came back one that next month im in my 20s so no reason for my cycle to be messed up i went to the dr they did a blood test and i was 8 weeks preg. so everyone is diffrent and every pregnancy this is my second child and with my first it showed up 5 weeks later
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you just had your period, you likely are not pregnant. Very few women menstrate when pregnant.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I agree, I would wait until next month. If your period is late then you will know for sure or wait until 5 days before your period is due and take a test. Good luck!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would wait till next month to see if you get a period
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• After you miss your next perios. If the symptoms persist, then see your OB or Dr as you may have an infection or a STD.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010