back to school

Is it better to let your kids sleep in and hurry to get ready for school or to get up early and have time to relax and get a feel for how they feel before leaving for school. So many times had to go pick someone up sick.How do you get your kids ready for school and how much time to allow for kids ages 8,6,and 5.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 12:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in

• I get my daughter up about an hour early to get ready to go then I know if she is feeling fine or not
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We get up at 6 am and school starts at 7:45. This is usually plenty of time to see how everyone is feeling.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I get my son up about 40 minutes before the bus comes - that seems to be plenty of time for him to get ready and out the door. Every child is different though.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 1:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you can't tell how your child is feeling within a few minutes of them waking up, then I don't know what to say. I can tell if my daughter is sick or not within minutes of her getting up.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Last year, my kids, 9 and 4 at the time, got up an hour before we had to leave. They had time to wake up, eat, and not be rushed. We'll do the same this year.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My kids are 11, 9,8,5(soon to be 6), and 4. I get all of them up at 6: that gives them 45 minutes to actually roll out of bed. LOL
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I prefer to get them up earlier so there is extra time.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think this depends on the kid. Our son like to be up early so he can check his facebook, our daughter likes to slepp in as long as possible!
    FemaleRacer

Answer by FemaleRacer at 5:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010