what are some things you do when u feel like you cant go on?

im mentally and phyiscically exhausted from full time college and taking care of 3 kids. my DH has been great with helping with housework but still some days i feel overwhelmed and just tired. im counting down the months till graduation, and tell myself "this will go fast, and soon i will be able to have a good job and have my life back" but there are some days where i just dont believe myself, although this first half of the quarter flew by, it seems i just started school, but when having exams in every class within a 2 day period is a lil unsettling. maybe im over thinking it
any advice as well as stories welcome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You should give yourself a pat on the back for being able to accomplish all that you are doing. It's wonderful that you can juggle so much. And in the long run you are bettering yourself and raising three kids. You really need to recognize all that you are in the process of accomplishing. I'm sure having to study is probably the hardest to do when you have so many other things to think about while doing so. I was going to say listening to music or just going out for a walk clears my head when things become too much. It's just like taking a small trip away from that which is stressful and demanding. Music has a soothing effect on the brain and nerves if you listen to the right songs too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Have some wine and listen to music take a nap...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Find a way to unwind like take a hot bath or workout or meditate, take a walk in the park, listen to gentle music.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would take a walk by myself
    I would take a bubble bath
    I would be thinking how am I going to work a fulltime job to get the most of of my degree if I can't handle this situation now
    I would let some things go and just enjoy my family not everything has be done everyday they will all survive if momma ain't Happy there's got to be nobody happy either.
    Take some time just for yourself.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It will go by fast, trust me.... I felt the same way when I was in school and really by the time I was done (5 years later) it felt like I just started. It is hard but you can do it and it's really worth it in the end!! Try to get away for a weekend or even just a few hours so that you can just relax and not have a care in the world- good luck =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I take time for myself and exercise. I go for a walk or to the gym. R either of those an option for u? Have some green tea it is healthy and it relaxes u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have been in a group called parents anonymous and it did wonders to know i wasn't the only over stressed parent
    I have said i was going to the store and drove down the highway, listened to loud music and just enjoyed being alone and the freedom of the open road.
    I have gotten an audio book, put on headphones and listen to the story being read to me, after the kids are in bed of course
    I have taken walks through the woods with the kids, they burn energy, I enjoy them and their exploring and get to unwind all at the same time.
    Light candles and listen to some Enya
    just reassure yourself that this too shall pass and one day you will be looking back and feeling good that you survived this trying time....you could get books on positive thinking and write on pieces of paper positive thoughts, keeps them in places you will see them for self encouragement,
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I love bubble baths and I have a very supportive family and especiually my son. He is. Great to take to and he makes me laugh.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• definitely just take time for yourself. you have to be able to excape. Dont think of it as being selfish because its not. you need to be able to recharge in order to handle everything that you have going on right now. It will go by fast. I know it doesnt see, like it now but it will and it will be soo worth it in the end!! stay strong and continue working hard! You are doing an amazing thing for yourself and your family. try to keep that in mind!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010