how much is too much fruit for a 16 month old?

My DS loves fruit, all kinds, and has it everyday. he loves it more than even things like coomkies-which is a blessing. how much tho, is too much?
fruit is still loaded with natural sugars....
he isnt overweight and has a pretty balanced diet...
so in your opinion(s)-how much is too much fruit?
thanks mamas!(have a great Sunday)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 12:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check out the food pyramid for toddlers - last I was told it was 3-4 fruits & 4-5 veggies per day - but a serving for a toddler is pretty small! I won't let my kids have more than 5 fruits a day. Lots of colors too!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well, I don't think it is healthy to have too much of any one food group. I would think 3 servings of fruit a day would be enough. Does he have loose bowel movements?
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mine eat about 5 servings of fruits a day. I tried to lower it but their bowels are fine and they dont eat alot of other carbs like bread and white rice so I think it balances out. They love fruit. It is not an obsession but close to it. They also eat no less than 3 servings of veggies a day as well. I am trying to lower the fruit a little and up the veggies gradually.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 12:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• one of the things i did with my daughter is i didn't introduce her to fruit till she was firmly grounded eating veggies. this helped me so much.

i think you should probably just cut down the amount she eats in one sitting and try offering veggies with the fruit as well. does he like purees? if so mix the veggies in with the fruit .. and or with the cereal.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010