Does anyone else get excited over cleaning products?

Am I really such a nerd that I get excited to try out new cleaning products, haha? I'm currently detail cleaning random things in my house because of a new cleaner I bought, lol. I love when something cleans better than the product before. :)

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm with rloloms (I use the same brew!) ... I haven't bought a commercial cleaner is decades! Recently starting brewing up my own liquid laundry detergent. I probably have cleaner clothes and instead of paying over $5.00 a gallon, I make mine for $.25. Best furniture polish in the world is made from olive oil and lemons. Best leather cleaner ever is made with beeswax and walnut oil. For streak free mirrors and windows... rubbing alcohol, water and a dash of vinegar! Those are the silly things that excite me!

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

Answer by lightbulbe at 12:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes, I do for sure whatever to make cleaning a little more fun. Plus I am a big smell person so I love to try the new smells. I usually wind up reverting back to my favorite cleaners but it is always fun to try out new things.

Answer by Melbornj at 12:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well, do share, what product is it!?

Answer by layh41407 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I do! I am such an impulse buyer when it comes to cleaning products! If I see the ad for it, or it looks really good when I pass it on the shelf I have to have it!lol

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• YES all the time... i got the 3 in 1 landry sheets and i was sooo happy ... hahah i still am lol

Answer by treysmama06 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Only when I use my homemade cleaners!

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It's Pledge multi-surface cleaner (both the spray and the wipes). They work really well on pretty much any surface, so I'm wiping away. :)

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I hate cleaning, so no! LOL

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I use corn startch and water for windows, no streaks here!

Answer by salexander at 1:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010