is it true not to put lotion on your breast or nipples during pregnancy if you want to breast feed if not then wat can you out on them so they wont be so dry???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I put lotion on my breasts because I got pretty dry skin. I don't know who told you this but lotion is good for your skin
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can use lotion while you're pg. I wouldn't be putting lotion on while you're nursing though, I would use other products, but while you're pg it's not a problem.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• use lanolin but i never heard that you couldnt put lotion on your breasts while pregnant
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• doesn't matter during pregnancy, but while actually breastfeeding you don't want to use anything but lanolin, since you put your nipple in their mouth.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• During pregnancy I dont think lotion is an issue. When you are breastfeeding you dont want to do that because the baby will ingest whatever you put on.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 12:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• where can you get lanolin
    senior_2OO8

Answer by senior_2OO8 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There is a lotion/cream I used when I just started breastfeeding coz I had dry/cracked nipples, it 's a "nursing comfort balm" the brand is Mustela. it doesn't need to be rinsed off before feeding. Yoi could probably use this from now
    louLT

Answer by louLT at 1:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would go ahead and use Lanolin. It is waht you are supposed to use when nursing and it is what I use while pregnant too. It's never possible to be too safe. :-)
    You can get lanolin at WalMart and Babies R Us.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Coconut oil is better than Lanolin; you don't need to wash it off before nursing.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010