Infants in ChildCare???

I was wondering what you all thought, if you could put your infant in a childcare Full-Time or do half Childcare, half babysitter, but the baby sitter has an infant of their own. Would You?

Would you pay the babysitter more? Currently she will just be picking my child up from daycare and then watching her for a couple hours, but I could make it to where I can have her babysit for 2 full days and still pick up my baby after day care. i pay her $15 hourly.

Pros and COns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think either one is 'best' necessarily... I personally would rather have my infant full time with someone I trusted who has their own infant than in a center any day. Their is more personal attention and respect for your wishes with an individual than a one size fits all center. There are really good centers out there with really great teachers but if I had to choose I would still pick the individual. It's also more consistent, no shift changes or lunch breaks...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If it were me, I'd just keep baby in the daycare center the whole time, not hire a second baby sitter to pick him up and then pay the baby sitter more $. I'd personally rather not mess up baby's schedule that much - it's a bit much IMHO to be switching care providers like that during the day
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If I could somehow ask the daycare to stay open later ffor my dd that could be possible, but It's what I have to do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• OIC
    that makes a little more sense then. you forgot to mention it was an hours of operations thing with the daycare center.

on that note, I'd say to figure out what the daycare's policy on part time vs full time is. If they actually charge a different amount for less days, then maybe do that, but if it's like the daycare I use to use, which was just flat rate per week, whether you used them or not, then I'd use them as much as I could and just pay the sitter the extra I needed. No point wasting the time you already pay for at the day care center if they do flat rate.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Is there anyway you could find a home day care to take care of your child? When my daughter had my gradson in daycare it was reccommended by her dr not to use the other kind of day care but a home one. If not I would justbe asking the daycare people about their schedule and how much it would cost doing it both ways.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Wow,I think your babysitter is well paid,I've never heard of a babysitter getting paid that high a rate before..
    TootieFruitie

Answer by TootieFruitie at 1:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I live in California, Near SF, rate of living is one of the highest in the nation. The States Min. Wage is 8, ours is 11
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• well for $15 an hour ill be ur sitter! lol! i think a sitter would be best! kids need a lot of one on one attention i think! i never like the big centers there are to many kids for the teacher and are so over priced! goodluck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• baby sitters get 10-20 an hour here too! more $ for infants, more money for more kids too!
    i wonder if because your sitter has her own infant to care for your sitter, if she would consider taking less per hour if you were to offer her more hours?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She's going to have a harder time caring for both, I wouldn't pay her less.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010