What is your relationship like with your siblings?

Do you fight alot? Are you best friends? Are you very similar or different from them?

LeeLeeCandleGrl

Asked by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 12:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• we don't fight often at all..we're all adults.
    we're not best friends; we're sisters who enjoy each other's company when our time allows. however, sometimes i'll admit, i get a bit jealous of their other friends/activities, as it seems they never have time for me. they both are very active with their churches, and their kids friends. one tends to make time for everyone else, before 'family activities', while the other seems to stay busy from sun-up to sun-down, and if she isn't dead, she'll add you to her schedule.
    sometimes it bothers me (to come last, IMO)..other times, i feel like 'oh well, their loss!'. it is what it is.
    i'm not very similar to my oldest sister, and my fashion sense is similar with my little sister. none of us have the same tastes in music or movies or men. but we love each other, and when the poop hits the fan, we pull together.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We don't fight, we have a 7yr age gap so we're pretty different. When my mom had me she was a 15yr old single parent who didn't have family help, when my mom had my sister things were different and she's spoiled.

We hang out a lot, go to movies, I support her soccer dreams, she's on a traveling team and I go to as many games as possible.
    She's a kid still but we've gotten closer over the years.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My sisters are 12+yrs older than me.. I am the baby..
    The middle sister lives near me, when i was younger she let me do alot of stuff with her & her first hubby. boating. it was fun. she was "cool".. now we rarely interact unless there is a need.. or she wants my 3yo to spend the night with her...
    The oldest sister I dont remember ever living with her and she has always lived a few states away.. We really enjoy seeing each other during vacations.
    I really dont fight or anything with either of my sisters... But get them together & you never know what you will get, they are pretty close in age.. and now its hard for them to spend an entire week together without almost getting into a physical fight..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• my sister who is close to me, thinks she is right all the time, she hates being wrong. this creates conflicts but she tries to be on my good side, she has tried creating drama with me but i just ignore it. she knows that i am her friend that goes out with her, if not me, then MAYBE one of her friends but im the most reliable one. she also knows that i can possibly be her back up babysitter so she also realizes she needs to stay on my good side. we are best friends some days till she gets mad at me but i can not deal with the drama of a person who can own up to her wrong doings so the best way is to ignore it and thats how we get along. if i were to fight day in and out with her, she'd end up lieing and such, like i said.... no point in talking to a person who cant own up to her wrong doings
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I am the oldest and I used to really get along with my brother who is 2 yrs younger then me but since he married his wife things have changed alot and we hardly ever speak no fighting just she's a know it all bitch
    My sister comes next and we used to fight like cats and dogs when we were younger but now we get along fine I don't see her very often.
    My baby brother I am 15 yrs older then him and he lives with my dad so I see him the most since we both take care of my dad I have the most contact with him
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Even though my sister lives about 30 min away I don't c her much. I won a cruise a couple of years ago and took her. We had a blast!
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I only have one sibling, a brother, who is a year older than I am. The only thing we have in common is our parents. I do not like him at all and I could care less if he likes me. I have friends who I consider more my family than he is.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• HAHA depends on which ones! I am the baby of 8 kids. All the same parents, and hilarious stories. But we all fight and all kiss n make up. Our family could have it's own reality show with all the drama, but we would rather deal with it all ourselves!!! We are the type to be the most horrible people to each other, but never allow an outsider to hurt one of our siblings. Each one of us live in a different state (mostly due to military) but we try to find times to all get togther. Usually 1 or 2 are missing....
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 1:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My brother and I are very close. He's one of my best friends. I could count on him for anything. I wish he lived closer - we do have quite a bit in common. He has grown up quite a bit since he became a dad. I am very proud of him. My sister, on the other hand, I like very much, but we do not connect as much as my brother and I do. We live in the same town, but rarely see each other. It's rather sad. I see my brother, who lives in another state, more than I see my sister, who lives 10 miles away.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 1:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• For the most part, I can not stand my sister. I will be there for her if she needs me, but she's very needy and doesn't not have a spine or a mind of her own. She also can not do a lot for herself, then wants to say she does things on her own when her family helps her.
    She was a democrat for 14 years, as that was what her first husband was. She also proudly proclaimed herself as atheist, as her first husband did. She got divorces and met a religious republican man and guess what? Every thing she proudly stood for over the past 14 years went down the drain. And if you try to remind her in front of her new hubby, she gets annoyed and tells you she doesn't know what you are talking about. Like I'm lying
    My mom always rushes to her aid and pays for things she needs, even though if she didn't piss her money away, she would have been able to afford it herself.
    She then plays the victim. Irritates the crap snot out of me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010