What else can she do?

My friend is 39 weeks preg and she is in so much pain(contractions) . She went to the hospital and they sent her home 3 hours later. The baby hasnt dropped, she hasnt dialated. I told her to walk to help the baby dropped. I dont kno what else to tell her. What else can she do to help ease the pain, and what can she do to help speed up the process? Any suggestions or advice

mzQ

Asked by mzQ at 1:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Walk walk walk. I've read that pineapple helps. Raspberry tea leaf sent me into labor with my 3rd. Some say sex works and some say it doesn't.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• HAVE SEX...the sperm gets the cervix ripened and ready to open! I swear it worked for me!

But if her water is broken or leaking dont do that!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She might have a physical "block," maybe she can try to work on optimal fetal positioning. (check out the spinningbabies site for help.)
    She might have an emotional block. There can be a reason she's holding back and not surrendering to her labor.
    Prodromal Labor happens, unfortunately. Rather than having expectations / forcing things, she might take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Is something *else* going on?

Since she's not even to the mid-point within the due period it's not necessarily "Time" just yet. She may need to work on getting more comfortable and helping calm things, it could be a while (days-weeks) before her baby & body are ready for birth.

Good luck to her!!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You might help her with some of this stuff.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• for my last pregnancy i took a nap.
    i was awakened every 8-11 minutes with contractions, but i still slept in between.
    after about 45 minutes i woke up and the contractions were 3 minutes apart and getting stronger.
    after about an hour of that i started pushing!
    (i tried a walk before the nap, but my son went with me, and fell off his bike so we had to go back home for a bandaid!)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• we had sex everyday for a week and i finally went into labor! i did the whole walking thing and nothing seemed to help it just happened! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Walk or have sex lol
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Wash your floor on your hands and knees. Worked for me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My Doctor told me to Have Sex and use a birthing ball. Both of those things help.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• warm bath will help the pain. semen will help her dialte
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010