1st birthday party themes?

I'm trying to think of a party theme for my son's 1st birthday. Any ideas that are unique and cute? I was just looking at invitations on Shutterfly.com, but I don't know what to order because I don't know what theme to go with!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• john deer, under the sea, monster trucks, sand and sea
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• rubber ducky are cute,and easy to find in cake form and toy too
    TootieFruitie

Answer by TootieFruitie at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• look on www.1stwishes.com...they have alot of unique themes. My son had the mickey mouse club house theme for his 1st birthday.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 1:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• my DD had an Elmo party. :)

I've also decided that I'm not doing another birthday party till she's old enough to understand what's going on... Less stress on me till she's 3 or 4, but we're def skipping #2 this year.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My daughter was a big Barney fan. However, there usually is one character that a child favors or that which captivates them. Some kids like Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. There are others though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• we didn't do a theme..1st bday-parties are for the parents/adults, as the child would never have a clue what was going on. i simply found a few decorative items that pictured a teddy bear with a tshit that said "#1", and i think the napkins/plates also said 'happy 1st birthday'. i made chocolate cupcakes, arranged them in the shape of the bear, and iced the whole shebang in accordance to what the bear looked like on the paper items.
    it was very cute, and easy for the kids present to handle. plus, i didn't have tons of cake leftover, as the 'cake' only used about 22 cupcakes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm not a big fan of the character or cutesy themes. My daughter will be one in just over a week. I figure when she is a year or two older she will have her own opinions on what theme she wants. Until then, I'm going with something simple. I'm getting plates that are black with pink, purple, and white polka dots and I'm making cupcakes in pink swirl papers. Then I get some sugar letters and spell out happy birthday and her name.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm doing an alphabet theme for my kids' birthday party this year. My dd is turning 4 and my ds is turning 1 within a week of each other.
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010