• In the Spotlight:

How to help with all-day nausea and heavy feeling in stomach+awful taste in mouth during pregnancy?

I know this has been asked so many times but I'm asking again...just in case I get THE solution, I'd love to hear what has helped you through pregnancy?

louLT

Asked by louLT at 1:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am 13 weeks 4 days so far and mine is still going strong. Eating seems to help mine, as strange as that seems. lol

And mouthwash...I LOVE LOVE LOVE green mint scope! Makes me feel better :)

It can be crappy! Keep trying to think of that beautiful baby that is growing inside!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• each pregnancy and person is different. the nausea (in my case) usually came on when i needed to eat. however, with my son, it was a lost cause. i was miserable my entire pregnancy. the best i could do, in either case, was find a gum i could tolerate. with my son, i could only handle chiclets. i was constantly popping them. if the taste wasn't on my tongue it wasn't as bad. i know my sister has taken some natural herbs and vitamins which she swore by after four children. i think, though, it's something you have to figure out on your own. :(
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 1:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I was nauseas the ENTIRE pregnancy with both my kids. I couldnt get that awful taste out of my mouth until the babies were born. The best thing I can tell is you to eat before you are starving..that tends to help with the nausea. Eat crackers, drink ginger ale...whatever helps. It may only bring temp relief so just know that there may be NOTHING at all you can do to change it. Sorry, I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear but there is a chance that things wont change until your baby is born.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 1:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my 2nd baby, I had the all day nausea, the horrible taste in my mouth, and everything smelled off. I found that eating constantly, I preferred fruit, and sucking on sour icebreakers really helped. I also drank Coke. My doctor said it was ok to have caffeine in moderation so I would drink about one coke a day. It settled my stomach better than sprite or ginger ale. I was in my 1st trimester during the summer as well (last year), and I thought it was never going to end. Each week it got better little by little. Good luck and congrats on your baby!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Ask your doctor about taking Unisom at night just before bed, and B6 with your Prenatal. That's what helped me control my nausea otherwise, I woke up wanting to get sick. Also, try keeping crackers and some Ginger Ale at your bedside. I got sick of the crackers and honestly, Tuna fish (canned) was the only thing that actually helped me control nausea but I was very limited on my intake of that (only allowed one can 5ish oz a week) and that's just a personal preference.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 1:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• you can talk to your doctor i felt that same thing all my second pregnancy. from the beginning until about 6 month when they decied to put me on mediine since i was loosing weight byt the time i was 37 weeks i was the same weight as i was before i was pregnant so yes i lost a lot of weight. they put me on unison ad vitamin b6 they also told me to eat somethign every 3 hours i couldnt be withougheatign something for over 3 hours adn at the end it actually worked out i felt so much better i hope you feel better you can alk to your doctors so they can give you some medicine to make you feel better and make sur you drink a lot of water that is also very important make sure you dont dehydrate
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• eat tums works alot
    evette311

Answer by evette311 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thank you for your answers :) I do have a thing for coke the thing when I'm actualy drinking it its great but as soon as I've finished the glass (bottle...) the awful feeling is back again. It's the same with food, whatever I'm eating I'l be fine and stay VERY concentrated on whatever it is, and as soon as I'v finished...yuck
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• How about some gingerale. Actually gingerale is made with real ginger form what I've read. It's good for you too.It's made with the gingerroot.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• try crackers and peppermint..
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010