do you think $50 is to much

i found out my sil is telling everyone that i over charge her and stuff. heres the deal i babysit my nephew who is 2 yrs old. i have a 2 yr old son and a 4 month old son, so a usual day is my 2 kids and my nephew i babysit him from 8 inthe morning until about 640 or sometimes until 720. i have to make his food and snacks because she doesnt bring im anything other than his sippy cup with juice in it. yeah that doesnt even last him until half a day. so im in charge of everything else all this for 5 days a week. i only charge her 50 is that really to much

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• its a $50 dollars a week. i also think its a good deal i mean its 10 dollars a day its like less than $1 an hour. and well its not easy to watch 2 toddlers and a baby. and im the one geting the food for him the snacks the milk everything so preatty much thats were most of the money goes"

Not only is she getting a great deal cost-wise, but he's with family, and someone who cares for him. Does she have any idea how lucky she is? How many moms would LOVE to have that option? She sounds very ungrateful to me. Maybe you should show her this post, lolol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• $50 a week, or $50 a day? If it's per week, than no way is that too much. I'm not even sure that would be too much per day, since it's over 10 hours and you provide meals.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• WOw... Daycare here for one kid is $25 a day. That is $125 a week. She is ripping you off!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• since she's not providing any food or anything, no I don't think it's too much.

and are you saying $50 a WEEK? or a day? either way I don't think it's too much, but if that's for a whole week, then you are way undercharging!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• no! it's tooooo little! you should be charging at least $100 a week, and that's still a deal. i suggest you have her go out and get prices. you, my friend, are getting ripped off! i also suggest giving her x amount of hours per day and charging her by the 15 min. segment she is late. sheesh! she's ungrateful!
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 1:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Are you kidding me? She is getting a GREAT deal! That's only $10 a day! She should NOT be complaining, she should be thankful!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think $50 for a weeks worth of babysitting is cheap. That's ten dollars a day. You probably could be chargng more for the time spent watching someone else's child. You are definitly giving a break with that amount.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• $50 a day for over 10 hrs of work...Plus expenses....honey you are short changing yourself. That's about $5 an hour. If you worked at Wal-Mart or McDonald's - you'd be making over $7 an hour before taxes. Tell her to price a local daycare and quit bitching.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If that's per day, you're overcharging her. If that's per week, she's getting one heck of a bargain!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• btw, i would underline up there... AT LEAST... that's $100 minimum WITHOUT you providing food. and i'm in a little town in tennessee. i can't imagine the cost elsewhere!
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 1:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010