Roasting a turkey during the summer in Texas is NUTS but I need side ideas!

I am cooking a cajun injected turkey today. I don't want to do the traditional sides like we have during the holidays. Any thoughts or ideas for side dishes would be great!!!!!

Thanks!!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Dirty rice would fit the theme. There is nothing wrong with a nice platter of fresh tomatoe and cucumbers.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• How about cajun rice and beans?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• cold pasta salad, corn salad, potato salad, roasted squash and zucchini
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That sounds delicious! You can make stuffing with it if you want to go traditional. Favorite vegetable. Maybe corn on the grill. And pie to complete the meal. just kidding. Roasted potatoes on the grill or whipped potatoes with turkey gravy. Just thinking about all this is getting me hungry.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Cajun vegetables add some cajun spice into the water, grilled corn on the cob, any kind of cold salads
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Dirty rice would be good, how about roasted veggies and potatoes in a large foil packet over the grill. If it were me i would go to the store and get those boxes of Zatarain's side dishes, there's always potato salads or cole slaws
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010