Have you tried any frozen meals that are actually good, lol?

Any luck with anything frozen? It seems like so often, the ones I try are terrible quality.

however, I do like Stouffers mac&cheese and vegetable lasagna. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Marie calender's are good I really like her pot pies
    Stouffer's single serve and the skillet dinners in a bag are very good and and lean cuisene has a cheese manacotti and a potato with brocolli and cheese that are both very good
    lean cuisene has alot of good ones come to think of it
    my husband loves the swanson dinners his favorite of that brand is the fish fillet and mac-n-cheese, and he is very picky!lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i don't care for healthy choice and others, but i do like lean cuisine and stoffers big time! :)
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 1:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Try the "viola" frozen meals...i love those.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 1:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• the only frozen meals we like are the ones i cook and freeze myself!
    we still try a new one every year or so!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• NOPE LOL MARIE CALENDAR'S TASTE OK
    evette311

Answer by evette311 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• MAcaroni Grill frozen entrees
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have had the stouffer's Enchilada's. Not bad, I just have put some home made salsa over the top and I was good to go.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There is one Bertolli meal we liked. It is the chicken alfredo with spinach. But we add saute fresh garlic, onion and tomato, to add to it.

I agree with happy2bmom25, the only good ones are the ones I make myself. I know the whole point of a a freezer meal is convenience so it is hard to make them and freeze, but I take one day a month when I know my husband will be home and make 8 meals to freeze. That gives me two meals a week I can just heat and eat. Also anytime I make homemade spaghetti sauce I triple the recipe and freeze two meals worth. I actually do that every time I cook. I make extra meals to freeze for later. Then I end up cooking only about 10 times a month and we have all homemade meals.
    If you want any recipes for homemade freezer meals... just let me know.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't understand why people buy frozen food meals - it is incredibly expensive. I try not to buy it any more - just prepare, vacuum pack and freeze meal portions.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Actually, I did try a TGI Fridays dinner kit with fajitas it was surprisingly good!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2010