There were some beans left on my sink for a few days in a pot, i come home and i see them well im washing dishes and the pot has white furry black coating on it! what is this? is it mold!? or just expired beans?

Help me!? should i throw the pot out or what shall i do?

Asked by Jessicaivette10 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's mold. I would think that if you clean it well enough, it should be fine to keep.

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It's mold. Just give it a really good cleaning.

Answer by layh41407 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mold

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

Answer by evette311 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mold, wash it well with very warm water and maybe a little bleach (cap full per gallon of water) and you will be okay. :)

Answer by Memigen at 1:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Probably both. That's usually what happens when something is left too long and with the warmer weather and all.Nothing some really good soap and water can cure and clean. If you have a special pot cleaner, it wouldn't hurt to use it on it.

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i can't use bleach because it gives me breathing problems. So just give it a good wash?

Comment by Jessicaivette10 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Solumel and water. It's a nontoxic cleaner that you can use, even people with asthma can use it.

Answer by atowers at 1:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mold! just use HOT water and dish soap to clean.

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I agree with just hot water and soap. If you are worried about sanitizing it after it is washed fill with water and boil. That will sanitize it without chemicals.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2010