The baby has been not feeling well for two days, and won't eat any food but breast milk.

Should I up my calorie intake a bit? or can I still go at losing a pound a week? I'm just concerned because it's likely that she won't touch any other food until the teeth come in.

she's almost 13 months old.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry about your calorie intake.... it shouldn't have an impact on your milks calories... it will about the same either way. And it's fine if she just wants breastmilk right now (IF you are still making enough) If your supply is down see if you can get her to drink other things to keep her hydrated.... but it doesn't matter if she doesn't want to eat for a few days. Keep an eye on her wet diapers.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She's fine having just breastmilk. My almost 2 yo does this on occassion.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i think you will be fine with just breast milk until she is feeling better. i don't think you would have to really up the caloric intake unless you are not getting enough for yourself in the first place! be sure to eat well with lots of veggies.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Since your baby is over 1 she should be eating some solids, going back to all BM is just going to cause diarrhea because she is on all liquids. Will she eat cubes of cheese? or snack off of something you are eating, my son loves having pieces from my salads or sandwiches, like avocado or the meat, cheese or bread, no condiments, but if I give it to him freshly made he loses interest really fast.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• she's not feeling well and will not touch solids.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i don't see why you can't up the calories a little.it would give you a boost in losing weight i think. (like shocking your body a bit) but maybe you can try some things she hasn't had or. do what i did. when my daughter got into not eating solids.. i used to get the baby veggie jars and put it in with her milk mix it really well and add some baby ceral into it. she would eat that right from her bottle.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have never used it but some people give pedialyte sp?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She'll be fine. Keep offering solids, but don't worry about it.

I would say for you, make sure you hydrate like crazy and unless you are worried about supply, don't worry about it.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She will be alright with just BM. I would try to up the fluids to be sure she is getting enough so she doesn't get dehydrated. Don't force solids on her especially if she is not feeling well. BM is way better than pedialyte and if she isn't dehydrated than she doesn't need Pedialyte.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010