What are others thoughts on "kids" toothpaste?

If it costs more is it....BETTER? Do you spend more for a flavor?...Or a "brand" name? Or is it fine to just grab it at the dollar store?

Stefono

Asked by Stefono at 2:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I get kids Aim at the dollar store. Its a brand name, only a dollar & figure it keeps them from destroying our tube (they like to squeeze it all crazy).
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My kids use regular toothpaste per the dentist. If you are using the tooth paste correctly. one half pea sized amount for under 4 and a full pea sized for over 4 even if they swallowed it it would be fine(you know their is fluoride in most county water right?. Besides that pink crap stained my bathroom counter once!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• The kind I have has the benefit of not having flouride, so it's safe to swallow. That's why I bought it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think it tastes DISGUSTING!!! My 3 yo loves it. If Spongebob toothpaste helps her get more excited about brushing her teeth everyday, then Spongebob toothpaste is what I'll buy. :) Even I prefer brand name toothpaste for myself. I love CREST WHITENING!!

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• our whole family uses toothpaste without fluoride and without sodium lauryl sulfate too! we pay extra for it. we pay extra for natural soaps too. if it is going into your mouth or on your skin, we believe it should be pretty natural stuff, and minimally processed.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I pay more for name brand and right now my 3 1/2 year old still uses kid toothpaste.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 7:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010