I dont understand...

Why is there so much more talk about gay rights and things like that then there are of ways to prevent and help poverity levels, to help prevent and help child abuse and things like that?? I dont understand why gay rights is more important then that?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dont understand either but right now its a very HOT topic

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There is already help for poverty levels and child abuse in place, there is nothing but the gay movement to help them get equality. One is not more important the other.

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think there is talk about those other issues, its just the gay rights issue is currently in the spot light.
    Not to mention, not too many people these days wanna help the unfortunate. They don't care what the reasons are for how they got there. All they see is lazy moochers so they'd rather just not care.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Its getting more attention cause so many are aginst it I think....And People who are Gay want to be heard Good for them :) there are other important issues to lets shed light on others Racism Abuse...The list is endless
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You make it seem as if those other issues have never been in the spotlight. UNTRUE. The gay issue just happens to be in the spotlight currently. It's an important issue and does deserve some attention.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Those of you that are sick of the topic, have never been close enough to a youth about to commit suicide because society and his family shuns him/her, or have never had to soothe the pain of a parent who's kid was beaten because of who he is.
    It needs to be spoken and it needs to be heard, and it needs to be stop.

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes it does I'm not saying it doesnt Im saying that it is kind of stupid, I mean I understand all the gay topics but dont you think that there are some more important things to worry about I dont get why the whole gay rights thing is so controversial anyways. I mean we are human to and should have every right that straight people do.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That's why its so controversial. They SHOULD have equal rights but people continue to fight them on it.

I think everyone can agree that poverty and abuse are big issues. There is no one saying poverty is good and abuse is great!

But its not like that with gay rights. And until gays are recognized as people too, it probably will remain a huge, controversial issue.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes but so much money is being put into the gay right topic dont you think that it could be put to better uses
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• So much money is being put into wars, that are not even wars. Couldn't that money be spent on something better, like education?
    People, as far as I know, donate money to fight for gay rights. Its not publicly funded (I don't think). So as long as people hold this issue close to their heart, money will be spent, and it will be a hot topic.
    People also donate money to abuse shelters and survivors. People donate money to the poor. People donate money to all kinds of causes.
    What makes equal rights any less important than the rest of it? This country is supposed to all about equality, so that makes this a huge, money worthy, cause in my eyes. I'm glad money is being spent to fight so that these people can feel equal to the rest of us!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010