Spin off of "GAY ADOPTION" (for the christians mainly)

I have a question I asked it to someone yesterday and they never answered me. Why would it be better for a child to have to deal with foster care group homes and such, when there is a loving couple out there that would be willing to love them and care for them? You guys keep saying because being gay is a sin but I dont understand why your GOD would deny someone a loving home?

I am not trying to be mean I really just dont understand what kind of person would want to deny a child something as great as a loving home....

**I dont mean to bash anyone or anything so if you think I am, I am sorry I am not trying to be.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• im with you OP...i dont get it either. i think most ppl who feel that way truly have no idea what the foster care system is like or how it feels to grow up thinking no one loves you.

and if its so horribly bad cause homosexuality is a sin then politicians shouldnt have kids cause most of them are liars, and those addicted to caffeine (technically, its a mind-altering drug) shouldnt have kids, and those who drink alcohol or smoke shouldnt have kids, and anyone who indulges in excess (the real meaning of Biblical gluttony) shouldnt have kids, etc. etc. etc.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm a Christian and a Republican, BUT I still believe gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry and I believe they should be able to adopt. I know, I'm not the norm. lol. I do believe it would be harder on the child to be in a relationship with 2 moms or dads than it would be if they were in a traditional family, (b/c of the cruelty of their peers) BUT I also believe that if the parents love that child enough, that is all that matters.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have said before I do not agree with 'being gay' I also don't agree with discrimination. A person in a same sex relationship should be allowed to adopt if they are a good loving home.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• This is where the lack of understanding comes in. God created male and female to marry each other to be fruitful and multiply. He created man to be the father figure that is supposed to be a father to the children his wife bears. Fathers have a different way of relating to a child than a mother does. They are strong, protective and fun. Mothers have a different kind of characteristic that helps the child learn to be gentle, kind, loving. When you have two dads or two moms raising a child it becomes very imbalanced. The child needs that balance. Does it occur to anyone why there are so many messed up kids today? Many come from homes without a father. Some without a mother. God didn't create the family structure in any other way then how He created it and only man has decided to mess all that up!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• beats me to hun, it just does not make sense does it?

Answer by older at 2:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I also wanted to add that anyone who is worried more about gays than foster care don't really understand how horrible foster care can be.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There are an awful lot of sins in the Bible. Gluttony comes to mind. And yet, I don't see anyone running around saying fat people shouldn't be allowed to raise children.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Any one should be able to adopt if they are willing to love the child, able to provide for the child, and they are stable enough for one.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i dont know. i dont get it either.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I guess because they do not agree with it and think people will influence children also God said it was wrong meanwhile the child grows up and has no one this I do not agree with if a person is waiting to take a child and they pass the home visit who gives a damn what they do in their bedroom as long as love is there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010