Dont want her to grow up.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about my baby girl growing up and it makes me sad. I know that sounds bad. I also want her to grow and learn things and stuff, but I would rather her stay little and snuggly forever! lol... What do you recommend, aside from holding her as much as I can (cause I'm certainly doing that)?? I am also scrapbooking a lot to preserve as many memories as possible.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Scrapbooking and baby books are great, as is taping as much as possible. And as far as the scrapbooks, write down the little things, like your daily routine at each month because you'll forget little things and sometimes when you look back at those records you've kept, it's not the first step or first smile that make you laugh and cry, it's the little things. And just really try to enjoy as much of it as possible because it's easy to be so sleep deprived and so worried and so excited about every next step that you just forget to enjoy the moment and then they are so big and you can't remember what everything was like.
    sixzilliondots

Answer by sixzilliondots at 9:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Thank you :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Aww....I've often had thoughts about what it will be like when my four month old son grows up, what he's like, personality, looks, etc. I'm excited to see his milestones.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• lol...you can do what a lot of us do, get baby fever, and start on number two. Lol, honestly after having my own baby and then several foster babies in a row, I thought I had had my fill of babies and losing sleep...I even told people "if I never have another baby again, it would be too soon". I had planned to adopt from foster care and even told my family how I wanted to adopt a school aged child...haha...I'm pregnant. I was probably pregnant when I was telling them this! I suppose it helps to video tape all the moments you can, but you will find yourself enjoying all of their new phases, sayings, activities...etc.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008