getting pregnant while nursing

Has anyone gotten pregnant while still nursing and without having your period? If so, how many times were you having sex a week (approximately) when this happened? We're trying...our daughter is 1 (we're in our late 30's), and I'm still nursing her about 3 times during the day and about 3 times during the night...I have not gotten my period back yet, which I'm fine with, but I know it makes trying to get pregnant with number 2 a lot harder. She's not ready to wean yet and I don't want to force her to do something prematurely, especially since I have heard of women who actually do get pregnant without having gotten their period back.

Thanks!

onefootforward

Asked by onefootforward at 2:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i havent but a period has nothing to do with it since u ovulate before ur period. I just stopped nursing my 17 month old and was ovulating often but i have an iud i wasnt trying to get pregnant and i didnt.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• A coworker of mine had this happen. She thought that since she was breastfeeding and she had not gotten her period yet that she could not be pregnant and was not using BC for that reason. SURPRISE!! She now has baby number 3, who is only 12 month younger than his brother.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Do the deed every other day is all I have to offer! I know there are "plans" where you track your temp, check your cervical mucus, etc, but I have no idea what the "plans" are called or how they work. Hopefully someone can help with that!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My husband and i are trying for baby #3 and i'm still nursing my 11 month old. After 3 months of trying nothing has happened. When your nursing you could be ovulating at any time...thats what my gyno said. Good luck to you and your hubby!
    proudwifemom09

Answer by proudwifemom09 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I am a quiverfull Mommy so I have a lot of friends who have gotten pregnant while nursing.

The things I can tell you to help is to only have sex every other day. If you do it everyday you are weakening his sperm count and the chances of getting pregnant.

You can use the Software "Taking Charge of your Fertility". It is wonderful. You just buy it one time and have it on your computer. You record your BBT and pay attention to cervical mucas.

Best of Luck TTC and Yay for you not wanting to wean your Daughter before she is ready. EBF is the best.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• good luck and baby dust your way
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010