LOW SELF ESTEEM?

well get the heck over it already, you are the way you are and if you don't like it suck it up. No one wants to see you wallow in self hate and be miserable.

This is to the lady I saw at the store, I know she isn't reading this but miserable people annoy me.

Now that I got that out I can go on with my day now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• She could be bi-polar and not taking meds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• So, you saw a lady at a store and you feel you learned enough to make such judgment on her? What do you know about her life exactly?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Interesting...

That's like telling people in wheelchairs to get up and walk.

It's unfortunately indicative of your attitude toward yourself, this kind of impatience directed at other people.

People who have low self-esteem do not have any clear reason to believe that they can ...take your advice, or get over it or whatever you expect them to have completed before now. They have not had a lot of success in life, the successes that they have had they believe to have been random flukes and accidents, while they take credit for all their failures and shortcomings.

That mindset is very hard to overcome, particularly when the only encouragement to do so comes in the form of impatience, judgement and criticism.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That she obviously hates it enough to sit there and yell at her kids and act like a bitch to the lady checking her out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• But to take it out on children and on a stranger? Thats abnormal psychosis
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• judgement is a natural thing, it helps people choose who to be around. I get impatient with rude people and then I vent in writing, or maybe I should have yelled at her because she was annoying me, then we could write it off as a BAD DAY
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Man. What the hell is up with all the anon posters and attitudes today... Sheeesh.. LOL

I can't believe you know so much about this one woman from your brief encounter with her in a store.

Since you're so good at just knowing things.. How about some hot stock tips for me.. huh... LOL

Look. I agree with you ...to a point... Self esteem issues are issues that only the person themselves can deal with and change. That's true. We and only we have control over our self esteem, self image, etc. However. Without knowing the woman, knowing what is really going on with her, without knowing what her life and world are like for her. Making such rash statements, is just a tad premature and rash.

Want to make a point about we ourselves are the only ones who can change our outlook and make our world a little better. Great.. That's wonderful.. Lambasting some stranger. Petty and pointless.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010