corn on the cob

no barbeque here, so how do I boil or microwave it? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I wrap mine in plastic wrap with a little butter, microwave for about 5 minutes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i bring water to a boil, add corn, continue to cook on high about 7 minutes.
    michellelvs4

Answer by michellelvs4 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Microwaves are simple: 6 minutes per pound for all vegetables. Weigh them and then you'll know. Good idea to rearrange them at least once, to get more even cooking.

Don't husk them, just shorten the stems and take off the loose, dry bits and snip the tops down to the cob, so there aren't light things to light on fire.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Eek. Sweet corn is a staple here in the summer - our state has the best so if you live here and don't know how to cook it there's something wrong, lol!

Clean your corn - husk, de-hair, cut out any bad areas, and rinse under cool water. Boil water - the bigger the pot, the better. Salt the water. Once it's boiling, slide the ears in - not too many at once. Let boil for a few minutes, using tongs to roll/rotate. Take out, let drain a bit, butter/salt/pepper and eat hot!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If it comes out tough, either it's overgrown (didn't get picked quick enough), or it sat around too long, or you cooked it too long.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• we never salt the water can make corn too tough I always add about 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to the water. My former MIL used to do this and her corn was always sweet and tender
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We never salt the water, either...........add the salt to taste AFTER it is cooked. My grandmother told me that salting the water would make the corn tough. Another tip: We butter a piece of bread and then roll the hot corn across the bread..........it coats the corn evenly and doesn't make a mess! :)
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 8:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• boil in water on the stovetop for 5-10 mins
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i agree with first poster
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have cooked it before, but it always comes out too tough, boiling or microwaving. Thanks ladies and i gave you all a vote up!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010