how long does it normally take for you to get pregnant after stopping the depo shot.

I've had two miscarriages in the past so I really need to not have another miscarriage let alone no pregnancy again. any advise would be well good wishes.

HopefulMom2B08

Asked by HopefulMom2B08 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Good luck!!!!!

Depo wasn't a good birth control for me... but I was also breastfeeding the entire time ttc, so that could have affected my fertility as well.
    I had a misscariage 7 months after it was supposed to wear off. I then ttc for over a year with no luck. Back in may was 2 years from the time it was "supposed to wear off" and they say it can take up to 2 years to fully wear off (I had 6 shots). I'm no longer ttc anymore. I'm taking some time off. I hope when I try again it happens quickly....

******baby dust*******
    Hope you can concieve quickly!
    *remember it takes the "average healthy couple" on average of 6 months ttc to actually concieve.
    Use opks. (Ovulation predictor kit) - depo supresses ovulation, so these should help you detect if you should see a dr.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It may happen quickly, it may take awhile. My DH and I have been trying for 2 years since my last depo wore off. Still nothing but BFNs. My friend (also took depo but only 2 shots compared to my 4), has been trying to get preg for 4 years. But another friend who was on depo for 2 years got preg just 6 months after her last shot. You just never know how that stuff is going to effect anyone. I don't recomend the depo for anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i gotten off the depo about 2yrs ago in like july of '08, went on the nuva ring for a month, then conceived my youngest in Oct/Nov. it just takes patience and a bit of work. they do say with the depo, after you stop it could take up to 18 months to conceive. but each woman is different. GL
    Fushithedruid

Answer by Fushithedruid at 3:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I didn't have a period after stopping it - I got pregnant that quickly, less than a month after it wore off.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I took the depo shot for a couple of years and then went on the pill and found out I was pregnant with our youngest about 6 months later.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I now I thankfully only had one so lets see
    it will officially wear off sometime between August 18th and September 1st
    well ladies feel free to give any and all the wisdom you can to make the TTC process go as fast and smoothly as possible.
    ask anything you with need to know to try to get more info and see how your advise may help.
    -Ally
    I so hate this waiting game
    HopefulMom2B08

Comment by HopefulMom2B08 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• thanks for that tid-bit of info 4time-mom that makes me feel hopeful
    HopefulMom2B08

Comment by HopefulMom2B08 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My friend was prego bout a month later...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well ladies we were hoping to get pregnant before the big wedding but so my mother does not kill us we will be waiting to try and get that much desired baby after the wedding.
    HopefulMom2B08

Comment by HopefulMom2B08 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2010