How to get rid of nats(fruit files)

i have these little nats in my house and they are driving me crazy. I have cleaned my house from top to bottom. I have used bleach to wipe down every surface in my home. I have even washed all the clothes in all the clothets. i don't know what else i can do. I have heard tales of people leaving vineger out in cups all around the house. If any one has any hints or has experienced this, advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Apple cider vinegar, about half an inch, and a couple drops of dishwashing liquid. Attracts & drowns. It works. Clothes don't attract fruit flies though, there's probably something hiding that you haven't found - they will reproduce in garbage, drains, even the toilet, not just fruit - other foods attract them too and they don't take long at all to reproduce like mad - they're worse than rabbits!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Wanted to add- they also live or reproduce in houseplant soil if it's too wet/ Let it dry out before rewatering.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Eat the fruit! lol j/k I heard vinegar works.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 3:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I used the vacuum to get rid of them. I had them around for 2 weeks even though I made sure no food is left outside, but somehow they still managed to find a crumble or they were hovering over the garbage can. So I kept the vacuum in the kitchen and used it every 2 hours in the places where they settled. I got rid of them in about 3 days by using the vacuum.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 3:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I hate those dang things! I always have 1 or 2 stray ones around my house for some reason
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010