How do I shave my private area completely?

I have never done this, but my husband wants it really bad. What is the best method? I am afraid I will cut something. Will it look nice and smooth? My armpits don't look nice when shaved. I can see the black dots of where the hair was. It is not like in magazines. It looks as if it's dirty. Is that how my private parts will look too? How do girls in movies do it? I don't see them with black dots. I have black hair. Is it gonna itch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes it will be smooth for 1 night.. So make use of it. You'll feel amazing! Lol

yes it will itch after a day, get stubbly like everything else.

Make sure it's a new blade, I wouldn't use any lotion or anything it might burn

you'll figure out how to shave when you strt just make to get all the nooks and crannys lol "pull the skin tuaunt"

Do it as a surprise!! You won't regret it!!
    spammyann

Answer by spammyann at 4:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I do mine, have for years. I use a shaving razor, same one I use for my legs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• with a razor and very carefully! maybe you should let him do it for you.

Answer by older at 4:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Some people stay smooth for more than one day, some don't. Usually, by day three is when i start to feel stubble coming in.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Use a lot of shaving cream, and then get bikini cream to put on afterwards. For me it never itched, but I know most people I've talked to says it itches when the hair starts coming back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Wanted to add- that when i shave underarms for example, I do it numerous times, not one swipe, but up, down, across both ways to get as much as I can. And you do need to use something (soap, creme) on the skin before you shave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• To be honest, I just use my regular razor and shaving cream... Try not to go against the grain when shaving, because this will cause bumps and small cuts. If your hair is long, trim it with scissors first then shave.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• In order 2 avoid red bumbs use conditioner.....4 the porn star they usually wax it..u might wanna try that 2b extra smooth.
    But Yes a new razor blade and lots of conditioner =)..it workd 4 me
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It's something you need practice at. The front part, you know where you can see most of the hair , seems like the hardest part for me to shave. The hair is more coarse & that is where i get in grown hairs sometimes. The underneath part, where you think you might cut yourself is actually easier for me to shave because the hair seems to be softer. I never get razor burn down under there, only on the front part will i get razor burn sometimes. Just use a regular razor & be very careful. Having your husband do it is a great idea. Men are good at shaving. Don't worry about anything, or how you think it will look. Regardless, your DH will LOVE it. and you might like it too. I shave mine about once a week. If i let it grow all it wanted too, i would have a rain forest down there.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Ugh,I would not do that,it's itchy and uncomfortable. If you want something nice,get a bikini wax but don't just shave yourself bauld.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010