how long did you wait after childbirth to have sex?

The doctor told me to wait 8 weeks. That seems like a lifetime and I really miss being with my husband. I feel totally fine I've even started jogging and I have no pain whatsoever. I had my baby 3 weeks ago. Did anyone have sex earlier than 6-8 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my first baby i waited 5 weeks
    2nd baby I had to wait 10 weeks because i received a 4th degree tear and it was taking forever to heal
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• 4 weeks. use lots of lube and go slow. i recomend being on top so you can be in control.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I waited 4-6 weeks try it and if it hurts stop. Just be sure to tell DH what the deal is so he understands
    G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yea me 2 I had atear so I waited 3n half months =/
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I waited around 2 weeks ( I got drunk and wanted it lol) it hurt like hell so we stopped.... then I think we waited until 7 weeks.... it still hurt a lil so go slow
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• With the first, we waited 12 weeks
    With the second, about 8 weeks

Personally, the LAST thing I was thinking about after having a baby was sex! Plus, I was in so much pain, he was to afraid of hurting me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• With my first I waited 3 weeks, with the second I waited 2 weeks.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• and this is why dr have malpractice insurance becuz their advise falls on deaf ears!!! lol just becuz ur running on the "outside" doesn't mean your inside is in the same condition. my culture the mother (grandmother) doesn't allow the mother to leave the house for up to a month becuz of the a confinement cold. the body locks up and ur not able to talk care of your child. now idk where your from or how old you are but ya gon' do what ya want. i say wait the 6 weeks cuz i'm sure you have another appt....or maybe not. and then have sex. i mean ya married, wha he gon do...step out after you gave birth and know he can't have sex. HELL masturbate, lol
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it varies.. people heal differently... depending on the degree of your tearing, (if you even tear at all... some people don't..) or whether or not you have a C section, it could be anywhere from 6-10 weeks..

my first i was good in 6 weeks.. no tearing

second, i had to be cut.. it took about 8 weeks..
    Hearts_n_Stars

Answer by Hearts_n_Stars at 4:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• STill waiting and my baby is five weeks old. After my post-pardom appointment maybe the doctor will approve of it. Hopefully. I'm horny damn it!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010