For those who have a baby under a month old

How much does your baby cry? I read that it's normal for newborn babies to cry between 2 and 3 hours a day. I feel like mine is always crying no matter what I do! Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow that's alot. Mine cries only when she's hungry or if I'm no where in the room when she's awake.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mine cried all the time. If she was awake, she cried. She had food allergies and once I removed them from my diet she stopped crying.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• mine didn't cry for more than 5 minutes up til she was 6-7 months old. every baby is different, if you're breastfeeding try cutting out dairy in your diet.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Interesting info: Ronald Barr, a pediatrician has studied infant crying patterns. He discovered that infants with supposed colic do not cry more often or at particular times of the day; they just cry longer each time. His suggestion is that such crying is normal but may be prolonged by modern practices such as longer time between feedings. Dr. B compared the results of a study done of the !Kung of South Africa with the typical ways in which US infants are handled and fed. The !Kung carry their babies with them constantly and feed the babies whenever they cry. Babies may be fed 3 or 4 times an hour for a minute or 2 at each feeding. In the US, the average number of feedings in a day is 7 and the average length of time between feedings is 3 hours. So Barr asked US moms to carry their babies at least 3 hrs a day. These moms reported that their babies cried only 1/2 as long as babies who were not carried the extra 3 hrs a day.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• try this: tight swaddle and run the vac!! no joke works everytime!!!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i seem to have this problem to, baby seems to have alot of gas but i hope he gets better ask doc for some advice...if your bf it could be something your eating
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 11:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010